Tuesday 21 August 2012

Heroku: specifying node / npm version doesn't work

node js heroku specify version not working

I'm deploying my app on Heroku today and because I use some libraries that require the latest version of Node, the deploy to Heroku fails because I haven't declare which version of Node to use. The docs says to create an "engines" property as Json and add in the version, so initially this is what I added (based on their sample) in my package.json:

  "engines": {  

   "node": "0.8.x",
   "npm": "1.1.x"
  }


When I pushed again, I saw the same error message? What gives?

Well, stupid me. Turned out that I was working on my develop branch and I was following the tutorials, which issues the command `git push heroku master`. Once I merge my changes from develop to master and retried pushing to master, everything worked.


No comments:

Post a Comment